[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Vegan Hacker - twinkie hacking! (2/28 @ 6pm)

Dana S. dsniezko at sonic.net
Sun Feb 12 22:28:37 UTC 2012

From:    "Maggie F" <maggiefrankel at yahoo.com>
Date:    Sat, February 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Vegan Hacker is back for February 2012 -- with dessert!
There has previously been speculation as to whether store-bought Twinkies
actually count as food or not. We're not 100% sure either -- but we do
know that some of us have been craving the taste and texture (but not
the animal shortening, eggs, milk protein, etc) of a Twinkie for well
over a decade now -- and it's time to take action! But it's also time to
get creative!

 There is no reason to limit ourselves to mere yellow
sponge cake and vanilla-ish cream filling! Let's hack the Twinkie!

We will be using this recipe
(http://blogs.kcrw.com/goodfood/2012/01/vegetarian-recipe-vegan-twinkies/)
as a very general guideline, and will provide a basic vegan batter, creamy
filling, and aluminum foil that we can fold into twinkie-shaped mini pans
(http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Twinkie-Challenge/step2/Making-the-Twinkie-molds/).

It's up to you to bring vegan ingredients to add to the batter, or to
add to/ supplement the filling! There are so many delicious/intriguing
possibilities: cocoa, fruit filling, fakin' bacon -- Yum!