[Noisebridge-discuss] banning "Occupy"

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Feb 14 00:05:27 UTC 2012

There have been a few over-the-top assholes staking their claim to be at
noisebridge lately, who are saying that they are welcome because they are
"occupy"

I propose that we ban Occupy from noisebridge.  That way, assholes who use
physical intimidation against people questioning why they're at
Noisebridge will have one less "reason" besides puffing themselves up like
a rooster.

Please don't troll in response to this post.  Yes I do understand that we
have met many excellent hackers through occupy, but those people are smart
enough to wink when asked if we should "ban occupy" from noisebridge.

Do you have a story to share about an asshole claiming to be from "occupy"
who is trying to occupy noisebridge in a bad way?

-jake