[Noisebridge-discuss] A modest proposal.

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:19:50 UTC 2012

I think that there are plenty of members who overtly think napping is
ok, and it's not just that they don't want to play sleep police.
Myself, for instance. But it depends a lot on the circumstances.

But I'm a pretty gray-area-friendly person in general. And I respect
the members who think sleeping is never acceptable (Shannon is not the
only one). I think that the definition of excellence on this matter is
somewhat of an average of our collective opinions on the subject. As
such, I would say it's probably never the case that sleeping is
actually excellent. It is just more or less un-excellent depending on
the circumstances.

And as I have been surmising a lot lately, excellence at noisebridge
is generally a net measurement. I don't know if there is anything so
awesome that would make up for actually crashing at Noisebridge
overnight on a regular basis. But if you do lots of awesome and nap
for an hour, we won't kick you out for it.

-Kelly