[Noisebridge-discuss] banning "Occupy"

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:09:39 UTC 2012

Hackupy is rubin's project, and I fully support sending him all our
oogles...no, wait.

Jake, I think this suggestion stinks. I am surprised you even made it. That
guy was being a jerk, which is already not allowed. Why attempt to bar a
highly relevant political movement, which you support, instead of just
telling dicks to stop being dicks?

I think a lot of what people are seeking in these various conflict
situations, is a sense of the community backing you up.

Dude.

It backs you up when someone is being lousy, regardless of whether they
come from Free School or Occupy or whatever scruffy group of people find us
next.  Banning Free School wouldn't have saved us from Occupy, and banning
Occupy wouldn't save us from assholes. It would save us from helping save
the world from capitalism.  If it helps we can set up a page on the Occupy
website about noisebridge, and not being lame. Then if you need backup
against dicks from occupy, you can show them a page on their own website
saying not to be dicks.

R.

mediumreality.com