[Noisebridge-discuss] Tired of Noisebridge BS, As of Late

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Feb 15 19:06:35 UTC 2012

So, I'm not sure if this came from "Hacker Alley being hacked", but I
was at Noisebridge the other night and found some of my belongings in
this big wooden crate by the e-waste area... getting ready to be
thrown out.

This was especially lame, as they were clearly labeled with my name
(photo attached).

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Noisebridge has jumped the
shark somewhat. The people I find myself most running into there are
not into technology, hacking, or really Noisebridge. I've found them
to be mostly belligerent, uninterested in rational conversations, and
seemingly trying to push various political agendas.

I'm getting tired of seeing the Hackerspace that I worked so hard to
help build, fall apart, both socially and physically.
Like a radically-inclusive cell membrane in heavily-salinated water,
new influences are rushing in from all directions and we're beginning
to pop. The organelles that were keeping the cell working are being
pushed out, and I feel like we're falling apart.

I'm tired of fighting entropy all the time, just to keep the status quo.
I miss the Noisebridge I came to know and love.

The people and the technology are still out there -- we may be moving
apart, but I suspect we'll reform as the right conditions form.

Cheers,
jof