[Noisebridge-discuss] Please make the tube display go away

Tom L lists at flamsmark.com
Thu Feb 16 03:51:59 UTC 2012

Rubin, if you want to make an improvement to the periscope, please do! I
think several folks in the space would really appreciate something that
doesn't make ambient noise like that CRT. An LCD would probably use a lot
less power, and be easier to mount on the wall rather than on a table. Do
you have an LCD panel which you could hook up to the video input? If you
know where we could get one, I'd be happy to work on it with you tomorrow
evening.

However, It's not okay to threaten to destroy it just because you disagree
with one of the implementation details (which was limited by resource
availability). Holding the periscope hostage to coerce someone else to
implement the fix you want is not acceptable. If you really have a problem
with the periscope, please bring it up at a meeting.

If you can't switch it off because everyone else wants it to be on, that
should really be a signal that there are a range of opinions. If you're
really, seriously concerned about the periscope, come talk about it at
Policy Wonks, at the access working group, or at next week's meeting.