[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Periscope: heated conversation

Tom noisebridge at flamsmark.com
Thu Feb 16 05:39:12 UTC 2012

I have made a $20 donation to the drama fund to cover the email I'm about
to send.

Rubin and I just had a very heated conversation about the periscope. Rubin
extended several technical and ideological concerns with the periscope. We
had a vibrant discussion about his concerns, the impact he thinks it has on
Noisbridge, and some possible solutions, but we did not reach agreement.

Rubin clearly indicated a desire to destroy the periscope and I responded
in no uncertain terms that I found that course of action unacceptable. **I
asked Rubin to come to the meeting on Tuesday** to discuss his concerns,
and he flat-out refused, and rejected the principle of the meeting as a
venue for resolving community disagreements, favoring do-ocratic "edit
wars" over the space instead. We remained unable to agree, and Rubin left
Noisebridge.