[Noisebridge-discuss] Turing - Please put your projects on your shelf

jim jim at well.com
Fri Feb 17 01:53:34 UTC 2012

    The portable rack is there for the use of the Linux
study group people. The machines used to be in the rack
for the space; I moved them out so's to save electricity.
    I have an amp and a couple of small speakers there
for use in the classroom (to go along with the use of
the projector).
    There have been discussions of how to improve the
Turing room, and as the corners don't work too well for
table work areas, one thought has been to build some kind
of shelf to store stuff for the use in the classroom,
including demo computers, projector stuff, and
accompanying audio stuff, along with white board supplies
and whatever else people feel would support classroom use.

    In addition to that and whatever else is in the room,
I have a bin of electrical parts and tools from my stash
that I use to improve Noisebridge's electrical systems. It
has a tarp over it.
    Note that when we moved into the space we have had a
build-out policy that people doing work to improve the
space can leave their tools there if they label them. My
tarp has served so far as a label. The electrical work
(and some other things) is not done.