[Noisebridge-discuss] Trash is Not Negotiation

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:30:51 UTC 2012

I think it is counterproductive to tell people their frustration is "wrong".

What might be more productive is to tell justin and rayc specifically, hey
guys, you have been seriously over the line with the rearrangement stuff.
Please know that the boldness of doocracy only helps the community if it is
tempered with research, discussion, warnings, and a willingness to adjust
your attitude based on overwhelming negative feedback.

There are lots of positive things about the new layout, and new layouts
happen periodically, but there should be humble public assumption of
responsibility for fixing problems caused by doocratic actions. Justin &
rayc, I am singling you out here because you are the ones who have posted
about this rearrangement. The way to fix things is not to justify
yourselves with explanations but to offer assurances that you will finish
what you started, in a timely fashion, while incorporating the feedback of
others instead of constantly asserting your voice.

Rubin, this is not the first time you've tried to solve a problem by
putting perfectly functional technology on the curb RIGHT THEN.  You might
think it's funny, or cute, but it just makes everyone else's life harder
and is incredibly. Fucking. Selfish.

Tao, what you are suggesting, labels for trash, used to be in a little
station with markers by the elevator. They got used up and never replaced.
If you are interested in helping the community, suggestions *with follow
through* are what we really need. Maybe you'd like to set it up? I bet Rayc
would help you, I think he even built the original labeling station.

R.