[Noisebridge-discuss] Soda Machine

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:47:53 UTC 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 5:22, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> but when
> our fellow hackers are needing something to put in their mouths in the
> middle of the night, shouldn't we be a little more caring than to leave
> them with a choice between asspartame and high-fructose corn syrup and
> regular sugar (just as bad)?

That's a very good point. I hate the contents of most vending machines when I'm actually hungry.

Maybe we should try adding a column of cans of soup?

(also, diet soft drinks have another issue that I think we all agree make them bad for late night hunger: 0 to 1 calorie. They ain't gonna actually make you feel less hungry...)

> Really, most of the time when you crave sugar, you just need to eat
> something.  And if you want Caffiene, fucking make a pot of coffee.

I prefer iced tea, personally. Much yummier. And you can keep it in the fridge.

I've tried to use sugar as a replacement for food in the middle of the night and it's a bad replacement. It doesn't work well and it's not very good for you.