[Noisebridge-discuss] (Re)Introduction + zine party + Chumby

glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Thu Feb 9 12:02:27 UTC 2012

Hello everyone

This is Tony, the maker of ZiP: Zine in Progress
<https://noisebridge.net/wiki/zine>, in another form. The one I'll be
using from now on for most of my Noisebridge communications, since it's
a secure, encrypted channel, just approved for our use by Riseup. So
please....call me Glamortramp.....Glam for short.

There's been talk lately about people spamming the list and NB wiki with
made-up accounts, so I just want to clarify that I have three identities
- Tony, Glamortramp, and the WhimWiz (the Whimsical Wizard of ZiP) - not
for criminal or spamming purposes, but for creative and artistic ones.
Don't delete them, if you don't mind?

Also, I can afford $10/month if that's what it takes to continue to have
access to NB. I've never had a key to the space, incidentally. And when
I was recently evicted from my squat, I began spending considerably LESS
time at NB, not more. I'm just sayin.....you know what kind of person I am.

The main reason I'm writing is because *we need to raise a little more
money* in order to print enough copies of ZiP01 (issue one of ZiP) for
the Zine Release Party @ NB next Tuesday. (You know about it
<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/02/07/18706878.php>, right? Gavin
mentioned it at the meeting last night, but I'm sure it got lost in all
the shouting and controversy.) *We need about $250 to print a decent
batch of copies, and we're about 1/3rd of the way there right now.*

If you wish to contribute, any amount is appreciated. I can collect from
you in person (I'm coming to NB today - Thursday - will probably be
there from later afternoon into the night - sometimes lately I seclude
myself in the Church or Turing classrooms so as to avoid distractions &
be able to work ), or you can PayPal it to Gavin - message me or him for
the address.

Thanks so much, I hope some of you will be around next Tuesday to see
the results of this labor of love which has nearly eaten my life for the
past several months. Not even being thrown out of my house and losing
*everything I own except my computer and toothbrush* stopped me from
getting it done! So yeah, I'm a little proud of that.

Any correspondence relating to ZiP (submissions, letters to the editor,
etc) can be sent either to this address or to *zipzine at riseup.net.*

A new friend of mine who is an entry-level hacker and stand-up comedian
just brought me a *Chumby.* It's fucking adorable! It's like the Gizmo
of computer-gadget Gremlins. I'm gonna hack the shit out of it. I think
I'll join the Tiny Tux group so they can help me explore its
potentialities? I'm very much entry-level myself with the tech/gadgetry
stuff.

xo

GL at morTr@mP

--