[Noisebridge-discuss] I want NoiseBridge to change.

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:02:32 UTC 2012

I'm hoping that all this stuff is finally a wake up call to start making
some strictly enforceable rules for the space. It's not that solutions are
hard to find and implement it's that there's always someone with some
bullshit issue with them because of some idealistic idea about how
passive-agressive we can be without actually doing something. You need
solutions for security? theft? sleeping? do something similar to what any
other place of business would do. Install one or two cameras in specific
locations of interest for theft and security (like the hack shelves and the
front door outside). Verbal 1 or 2 warnings and then booting from
the premises for sleepers no exceptions (they can come back the next day if
they like but their space privileges would be revoked for that day). Give
the space working hours and close shop at night or implement some sort of
ID sign-in for super late-night entry. Have easy to understand policies for
ejecting disruptive people from the space and having a healthy and friendly
relationship with the local police department who we are comfortable
allowing into the space if need be. These are cut and dry solutions that
any other organization would have implemented by now but for some reason
noisebridge seems too cowardly or touchy-feely to actually do anything even
close. It all comes down to how much you want a safe working environment
against how much you want not to have to confront people on their bullshit
and risk them getting angry at you for not bending the rules in their favor.