[Noisebridge-discuss] Tech Shop Living Social Deal

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:58:29 UTC 2012

For people who want to know the deal without having to sign up for a
mailing list:

TechShop

One-Month Membership and Either Two JumpStart Classes or One Choice Class

$95

If you live in the Bay -- home to Maker Faire and a surprising number of
friends who brew their own kombucha -- DIY is in your DNA. And today's deal
from TechShop is a natural selection for a city that loves to make things.
For $95, you'll get a one-month membership and either two JumpStart classes
or one Choice class. Whether you want to make and sell eco-friendly
jewelry, build a record-spinning robot, or construct a 30-foot-tall Burning
Man installation, this open-access workshop (with locations in SoMa, Menlo
Park, and San Jose) has everything you need to go from ideation to
creation: milling machines, drill presses, laser cutters, sewing machines,
and much more. TechShop classes -- which range from Basic Sewing to
Advanced Metal Lathe to How to File Your Patent -- will teach you the
skills you need to get through every step of a do-it-yourself project. Grab
today's deal and nurture that crafty nature of yours.

Class list: http://www.techshop.ws/class_types.html