[Noisebridge-discuss] Timer to turn off the buzzer

tedward arbzed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:55:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

> -1   ; how to make this happen? the nightly human
>     ; or some erlang program on pony? or...?
>     ; neither seems trustworthy, but i'm open
>     ; to any ideas.

erlang?  NOOOOOO!

There are lots of possible solutions that would not require server uptime
or network access.

A technically simple solution would be a hacked appliance timer.

Another solution would be an Arduino coupled to a latching relay and an
accurate time source.  I mention that because  I need to learn how to
interface an arduino with an RTC for a different project I'm working on
anyway, so I'd be willing to implement that one if there is some support
for the concept and no one who hates it enough to disconnect it as soon as
it's set up.

--t.