[Noisebridge-discuss] power naps

girlgeek girlgeek at wt.net
Fri Feb 10 23:21:53 UTC 2012

  what about this option as certain members have already noted they like
doing projects for long periods of time and just do not get upset about
napping?
                                               Power Naps
Power naps are limited to less than 20 minutes. That way, one can get
into stage 1 and stage 2 sleep but, by being woken up before 20 minutes
have elapsed thus before stage 3 sleep, they are not drowsy and can work
productively. This is a known entity in sleep medicine, utilized for
staying alert for days at a time with unconsciousness only occurring for
less than 20 minutes every 4 hours. I was thinking it would control the
sleep issue if there is a sleep chamber that, by consensus, can be used
for only <20 minutes every 4 hours by any one individual. There would be
only 1 sleep chamber and no other sleeping, whether sitting up or lying
down would be permitted. (I'm staying at a place where I have been
registered and present for every over night in the last 5 to 6 months
except for _one_ night last month I stayed to clean/socialize at
Noisebridge and napped for two hours max) before going home at dawn.

Then, the discussion can turn to people who appear to be living there
(and making it a pigsty).

--
Cynthia Jeanne Lee MD
http://cynthiajeanneleemd.wordpress.com