[Noisebridge-discuss] Zines Not Drama

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 01:31:35 UTC 2012

I just wanted to provide evidence that I do more with my time at
Noisebridge than post faux-vapid comments re: celebrity gossip & whimsical
flights of fancy completely disconnected from reality.

This <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zfos/> page has newly uploaded cover
images of many of my zine / self-publishing projects past, present and
future. Some are in development and are just cover images right now,
like *Queerisma,
Tatterdemalion* *Vogue* and *Quake Talk*.

(Interesting fact: that cover image for *Quake Talk* is taken from the only
known *color photography from the aftermath of the 1906 earthquake and
fire*- color photos were still in the experimental stages at the
time.)

Some are dredged up from the murky past, like *Dreck*, the previous
collaborative megazine I did in Portland in 2005-07.

The two solo zines/chapbooks I'm working on right now - *The Black Ice
Holiday* and *Six Months on the Street* - I would like to bind with sewing.
I'm hoping I can use the Noisebridge sewing machines and someone here may
have experience and be able to show me. They look so nice with sewn spines.
I haven't done it before.

I stopped by *Needles & Pens* (3253 16th St @ Guerrero, very close to NB)
today and dropped off 5 copies of ZiP01<http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/new/>.
It will be on sale there now for $6.00 USD (That's a dollar off our
original price and just covers printing costs.) I also asked the owner
about printing options. He suggested *1984* in Oakland as a cheap,
zine-friendly alternative to Office Max, Stinko's, etc.

As a reminder: our next zine planning meeting for *ZiP* will be this coming
*Thursday, March 1st* (the day after leap year, and the day Google's new
privacy policy goes into effect), *8-10pm (20:00-22:00) in the Noisebridge
hackitorium*. We welcome new contributors. I am not trying to dominate this
thing. The more the merrier. (We really need more serious tech / hacker
stuff!)

Make zines not war!

TLongshanksLT