[Noisebridge-discuss] A Hacker House

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:28:33 UTC 2012

Hi all.

Now that my every-other-week schedule has settled down and seems to be
working well, I'd like to organize a GeekHaus to live in again with a
focus on people who like to manufacture and make things.    The
parameters are as follows:

* I work in San Mateo, so the location will be somewhere between San
Mateo and SF, where there is good access to either 101 or 280 (or
both).
* Four to six housemates, splitting a one year lease and expenses proportionally
* Whatever the fastest class of business-class internet we can get
piped to the house
* Cleaning service once a week, yard service once a month
* Find a house large enough to handle the shared kitchen, garage, and
a shared workshop space but also provide private spaces to get away
* Power sufficient to run a workshop, charge an electric car quickly,
house a small server cluster (408V feed)
* "Family" subscription to TechShop courtesy of Jim Newton to get
access to bigger tools not practical to have at the house

David Weekly has started similar houses around the bay area ("Tree
House, Rainbow House") and organization of the house will be similar
to that.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll start a Google Group to
coordinate efforts and then schedule a first meeting to start the
search for a house.

-Martin