[Noisebridge-discuss] Cynthia and "Asian" Reference

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Feb 1 23:32:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 03:19:33PM -0800, Jake wrote:
> the message below was sent to myself, and to the list.
>
> I don't know why it didn't appear on the list, perhaps there is a
> moderator who can explain that.  If a moderator made a decision to
> reject this message based on the content, I would like to know about
> that.

I think it's still in the moderator queue (decision deferred).  I
generally "add to list of approved posters" any addresses that get held
for moderation due to not being subscribed, but in this case -- not
being aware of the context -- I deferred the decision on the basis of
the sender being unknown-and-possibly-fake and the content being
potentially inflammatory.

IE, I didn't have enough information to decide if this was a real person
sharing authentic concerns, or an IRC troll manifesting on the list.

Jake, I didn't notice you were CCed or I would have asked you for your
take on it.

-andy