[Noisebridge-discuss] Person evicted from space for violent behavior

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:51:17 UTC 2012

peter j. werner.  i'm so exasperated with you.  the OP meant greeting
people at the door to the stop of the stairs. Just don't answer the
door if that pains you too much to wait.  Disconnect the buzzer if
that pains you so much.  DO SOMETHING jeez.

disconnect the fucking buzzer cable if it causes too much trouble.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:
> A periscope would be epic.

good idea. we could use at least 3++ of these digital periscopes.
hang them from the ceiling in different affinity areas.

Rough plan:

*Operation Periscope-Roulette*

Periscopes:
prototype with abs.  final versions can be built in brass or copper
tubing of various sizes for the telescoping parts.  we can make
everything flush with O ring parts either delrin cut to size, or
prints in abs on the replicating printers. Bike grip handles.  Full
360 degree view with a comms/power slip ring.

Mount them to the ceiling at a network drop & power point.  Run *atw*
systems with composite output to the display mounted inside the
viewport/glasses of the periscopes.  Overlay graphics and build to
suit, repeat & improve with each iteration as usual.

Iris Cam and downstairs viewer:
Perhaps I can persuade rich humphrey to help us source a mini
composite screen for the guest downstairs to view a infrared iris
portrait (from the periscope viewport eyecam), letting them know that
their petition for entry is being evaluated by a tendril of consenso.
A side mounted fisheye cam can provide the feed for aforementioned
periscope displays.

All of this can run on a separate CC line with no storage devices...

-rma