[Noisebridge-discuss] car donation

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:42:16 UTC 2012

Olya-

I donated my barely-running car to SF SPCA in May.  It was awesome!  I
called a number for their Car Donation vendor/partner who scheduled a
pickup time.  They sent out a tow truck, I signed a form, signed over the
title to SF SPCA, gave them the title and keys. Easy!

The car then goes to auction.  Once it sold I was able to get a donation
receipt with the actual amount it sold for. (Without this you can only
deduct up to $500).

Is that not acceptable for you because you want to deduct KBB value not the
actual market value?

Jared-