[Noisebridge-discuss] The horsy media service has been put back into action

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Feb 9 19:27:13 UTC 2012

Jonathan Lassoff wrote, On 2012-02-09 10:32:
> Horsy, the computer that was driving the front projector and speakers?
> It's always been fed with Ethernet, as far as I recall. Rubin went
> through the painstaking effort of running some to there from the
> closet some time ago.
> If it is to be streaming media and potentially bandwidth-intensive
> video streams, we'll all be much happier if it lived on the wired
> network.

What Jof said. Media machines should be on the wired because...

1. You'll know it's always on the network when you want to access it
remotely
2. It'll suck the living bandwidth out of the wifi when streaming content

I never setup the wlan on the motherboard (totally has one, don't know
why you kids installed a new USB dongle) because it was pointless.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net