[Noisebridge-discuss] A modest proposal.

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Feb 9 20:13:18 UTC 2012

I believe there was at least one threat to block any sort of "member hours."

That said, I am in 100% support of Member Hours -- after 10pm and before
8am, only members and their guests (eg, people who are actually there with
users that time); we can certainly organize a 10pm "everybody out" team.

--S

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Will Sargent <will.sargent at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Like many proposals currently being kicked around, this is perfectly
>> reasonable one, which has been somewhat discussed to death in previous
>> rounds. A lot of NB members really like it being open late, and it's one of
>> the things that a lot of people want to keep that there's somewhere in San
>> Francisco where you can hold a soldering class at 4AM.
>>
>> It, and the related one of it being members-only after hours gets
>> discussed a lot in meeting, carefully considered, and then rejected.
>>
>> I know, we is crazy. But we're very picky in what craziness we want.
>>

> I don't remember anyone rejecting or moving to block it, and I don't see
> anything in the notes about it.  There was a "well, the community wouldn't
> go for it" -- but that's a self fulfilling prophecy in that it shuts down
> discussion of "unacceptable" topics.  Case in point -- no-one thought we
> could get consensus on banning Patrick at the time, but I saw over 30
> people in the room that night and everyone was on-board -- philosophically
> disgusted, maybe, but on-board.
>
> Noisebridge may be crazy, but it does act in the furtherance of having a
> good time.
>
> Will.

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700