[Noisebridge-discuss] Entry & Security

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Feb 13 06:42:00 UTC 2012

Tao, did this happen at Hackmeet 2011 in October or when did it happen?

-jake, admin of MCHawking the wheelchair robot

Tao Neuendorffer Flaherty wrote:

I have been watching prototype robots and taking robotics classes for
almost two decades. Lots of robots, lots of failure, lots of discovery, no
injury. Until I was watching Hackers at Noisebridge, and a robot came
zooming out of the other room, hit me hard, and swung it's arm to hit me
again. I screamed. It was not a good part of the movie for excruciating
pain, or the realization that I could be dead if it had come a little to
the left and hit my neck instead of my shoulder. I kept watching the
movie, insulted at the interruption. Nobody came to apologize to me.