[Noisebridge-discuss] Mental health professional training?

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:28:10 UTC 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 12:17 AM, Jake wrote:

> He said that since we're avertising ourselves as open to the public, we
> can't exclude anyone from the space at any time.  He seemed quite
> convinced of that and would not tolerate any suggestion to the contrary.

That's why I think that changing it so that anybody is welcome to *visit to get an understanding of NoiseBridge* is probably a necessary - but not sufficient - change.

> He was talking loudly about how he was not responsible for
> the actions of people he brings to the space, because everyone is
> responsible for themselves.

That's an interesting attitude and one that I'm pretty sure I object to in damn near any context.

If you invite a troublemaker somewhere, you should be at the forefront of asking them to leave. Sure, they could've just walked into noisebridge on their own. But they didn't. Yes, we're all adults here, I'm not going to demand that you take full and complete liability for any visitor. But asking somebody you brought in to behave is just common decency. Which, according to what you described, this chap is sadly deficient in.