[Noisebridge-discuss] Do-ocracy + Consideration and Respect = Happy Happy Hackers

glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Thu Feb 16 21:21:29 UTC 2012

On 2/16/2012 8:44 AM, jim wrote:
> Rubin's suggestion is do-ocratic.

*Balance* is a good thing, in this situation as with so many others in
life. A lot of the comments I've read so far seem to lack a necessary
balance between *Do-ocracy* (be pro-active, have initiative, don't wait
for permission to begin creative projects) and *consideration for other
people* (i.e. do not throw personal items belonging to members that are
clearly labeled with a member's name) in the trash. I really think it is
possible to find an agreeable middle ground allowing both these values
to be part of (y)our shared hackerspace.

To quote my Cousin, "Whatever happened to common sense?"

--
Glam.......or Tramp?