[Noisebridge-discuss] Trash is Not Negotiation

jim jim at systemateka.com
Fri Feb 17 22:27:15 UTC 2012

    I was hoping to promote introspection, even suggested
some possibilities.
    There are some overtones in some messages that suggest
something like righteousness or a group searching for goats
or some such. I think there's something to that, but it's a
personal call on the part of each person. Is everyone
happily hacking? Is anyone caught up in a moment?

    I like that the place is getting better organized.
    At the very least, actions are too hasty, a downside of
do-ocracy.
    For example, the south sub-panel is now inaccessible.
NE Code requires 36 inches around it and nothing in the way
(time was sub-panels could be located in clothes closets,
no more--got to be accessible from a walkable area).
    Other examples are that people's stuff, properly marked
and stored, has been lost or otherwise gone missing (Rayc
found my bin, but it was empty--everything missing but the
label on the outside).
    Another example is the central desk--a good place to
look for office supplies and labels and such, specially the
central location; and anyone sitting there looked to
someone entering the space like a greeter. I lived in a
community where we tried to have scheduled chores; it
worked about 50% of the time, which was great. Maybe bring
back the desk and repeatedly suggest that persons wishing
to give back to the space should sit there and be available
to new arrivals.