[Noisebridge-discuss] payphone lock needed

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Feb 22 01:23:39 UTC 2012

I'm not there to snap a picture, but I can describe it:

there's a hole (a round hole, with no shape to hold a lock and keep it
from turning) and around that hole are four threaded holes in a rectangle
shape.  The key should have a tab which slides out sideways to keep the
mechanism from unlocking the payphone top.

The lock should look EXACTLY like this:

http://www.payphone.com/Western-Medeco-Lock-and-Key-Set.html

EXCEPT that the dimensions listed for the screw positions is not right!
The screws in our payphone are less than 2.437" from top to bottom (sorry,
didn't measure the pattern but i will) so this one can't be the right one.

Of course, if it weren't $30 I would just order it and move the holes.

If you find something that has the same design but the holes (long side of
the rectangle) is less than 2.437" but not by much, it's probably the
right one.  Of course I will measure and confirm when i get a chance.

-jake