[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 52, Issue 22

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:34:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Gopiballava Flaherty <
gopiballava at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd love to come to the meeting myself, but sadly I'm stuck in Albuquerque
> on business. Is there an accepted way for people who aren't able to come to
> meetings to suggest things? Other than convincing a meeting attendant to
> lobby on their behalf? (not that I'm actually lobbying for anything
> complex...)

You can ask someone you know well to proxy on your behalf, to voice your
concerns, but obviously you'll still miss the experience of the discussion.

Remote-conferencing into meetings has been done before, with mixed results.
Unless you have good equipment, it's difficult to hear and be heard and
really breaks up conversation if it doesn't work. I wouldn't recommend it
unless it were critical.

--
-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails