[Noisebridge-discuss] FBI stopped by and said Hi and that there was a cyber threat from noisebridge, Feb. 21 2012 around 9pm

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Feb 27 02:25:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 07:04:39PM -0700, Gopiballava Flaherty wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2012, at 7:00 PM, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> > Yeah, but it's not the first time. Any way we can make the contact
> > details *even clearer*?
>
> You mean, any way that you can convince the FBI, in advance, that we
> didn't do it, no matter what it is? Good luck with that :)

The problem is, we want to convey the following:

1. email admin at noisetor.net for issues with these IPs.
2. call $PHONENUMBER if that's not fast enough.
3. If you *must* go somewhere here's our Market St address.

We've had two contacts so far where the results have been:

1. they email our upstream rather than us, delaying the response.
2. they call a different number.
3. they come to 2169 for issues about noisetor.

I agree, clarification may be in order.  Anybody care to look at the
whois info on 173.254.216.66 aka exit-01a.noisetor.net and let us know
how to make it clearer?

-andy