[Noisebridge-discuss] January 20th: Fun for All, call for hackers #occupysf

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 05:52:46 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Happy New Year, welcome to the future!  In a move perfectly suited for
some sort of real-world gaming or other ridiculous acts of culture
jamming fun in public, Occupy Wall Street folks are doing an all-day
distributed protest in SF on January 20th.  People have been asking for
actions specifically targeting banks, and the action council responded
with this super awesome event that is meant to be really fun and family
friendly.  There will be a table all day at justin herman plaza as a
gathering point, with maps of all the protest sites, and smaller groups
can plan autonomous actions at the financial entity (or entities) of
their choice.

To me it is just screaming for some sort of awesome hacker response.  We
will plan some making-giant-ridiculous-street-art meetups in the next
few weeks at noisebridge (please deliver all your extra corrugated
cardboard & old [clean] bedsheets there ASAP!!!) but it would be cool to
also do some kind of gamey thing or sound thing or light-up thing or
parade floats or anything else!

occupywallstwest.org is the website for the january 20th day of action -
also on their calendar are some actions leading up to it around the idea
of foreclosures.  Let me know if you are having trouble figuring out how
to plug in and i can probably help.

<3
R.