[Noisebridge-discuss] OccupediA this Thursday @ 7pm

Lukas Blakk lukasblakk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 19:12:00 UTC 2012

Mark your calendar! OccupediA is this Thursday at 7pm.

    " /_Description_/: An evening for women to gather and learn and/or
    make time to become wikipedia contributors. Bring your laptop if you
    have one, otherwise you can pair up with other participants who do.
    We'll write new articles, nurture and beef up existing ones, and
    have some informal discussion about what's missing from Wikipedia
    and brainstorm ways we can take action.

    All interests and levels of technical expertise welcome!"

  Prepare in advance - make a list of your favourite artists/historical
or public figures and check their Wikipedia articles to see if:

a) They already have an article - if not, start preparing an outline of
the initial entry you'd like to make for them
b) If there's already an article does it need refreshing? New
information, quotes, pictures (Creative Commons license required I
think) would help show that page the love it deserves and broaden the
information base.

Even if you're not sure what you'll work on during the event, come
anyway and we'll work to find a way to plug everyone in.

See you at Noisebridge!
(2169 Mission St, SF)

Cheers,
Lukas