[Noisebridge-discuss] Donated DLP projected w failed inverter for local artist

Ben M ben at sixgirls.org
Wed Jan 4 21:44:25 UTC 2012

Good day Noisebridge,

The first or second week of December a local artist spoke at a member's
meeting about writing a grant and using the space to construct a kind of
three dimensional optical illusion using vibrating sheets of mylar with
multiple projectors pointed at the mylar designed to reflect the images as
the mylar oscillated.

I do not remember the gentleman's name. I brought a semi-disassmbles BenQ
projector with a likely failed inverter and left it in the space with a
hastily written note.

I had wanted to use carrier pidgeons to communicate with the artist that I
had donated this equipment but I figured a note rolled up and inserted
through one of the handles of the projector case would be almost as
effective.

In the space last night I noticed the projector was still where I had left
it so I think my method of communication was as effective as I imagined it
would be.

The projector is located on the shelf situated between two windows facing
Mission street at eye level if you are about 5'11" tall on the right side
of the shelf. There is a black pleather BenQ carrying case and a white
plastic baggie holding the various boards and components not currently in
the projector as well as a zip lock baggie containing all but one of the
screws.

This message is to the local artist if he reads this list: There is a
mostly working projector for your project. The fuse included may also be
burned out but I really think it was the inverter. Someone with more
experience hacking hardware can verify if they wish to donate skills to
this project. I poked it with a multimeter but nothing happened.

If the projector remains in the location four weeks after I send this
message I am removing the items and bringing them to Goodwill or smelting
them in a giant bonfire then turning the ashes into a slurry with some
mercury to place in an inflatable baby pool with a sign inviting parents
to see if their baby will float in the mercury toxic ash slurry seems like
a really good idea at the time kind of thing.

Can anyone edit this messsage to five lines or less while keeping the the
relevant content intact?

Extra points for poetry or haiku formats.

Kind regards,

Ben