[Noisebridge-discuss] Traffic Ticker Installation.

Justin Doerr justinsfca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:10:04 UTC 2012

I think it has become very cognizant that we should install a traffic
ticker at the front entrance of the space, for statistical/referential
purposes. There have been several instances when if the census of people in
the space were to be recorded, it would make all the difference to the
community how to accommodate the needs and/or materials to be provided for
the space at a specific point in time. It was entirely beneficial at my
last job, because it allowed management to make better decisions on how to
conduct their business. These tickers are no more evasive than web traffic
meters IMO. The only thing I've been informed of is that the traffic is
recorded by motion sensors activated by laser beams.

With that being said, I plan to do more research on the topic, and get back
to everyone. I also welcome any and all knowledge, and inspire people to
help and/or take action to install the equipment/software upon my reading
my suggestion, if they agree. I'm very willing to follow-up on this. Thanks.

-Justin Doerr