[Noisebridge-discuss] Interview about planned obsolescence?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:19:17 UTC 2012

While I was in Berlin, at 28C3, I met Anna Salzberg, a French journalist doing a long, well researched story on planned obsolescence.

She is interested in seeing how companies purposely (and otherwise) make products that are designed to break within a certain length of time, or are purposely made obsolete by newer products that are not compatible with older products -- where the net effect is that you "need" to throw away your old product and buy a new one.

She is still doing research for this story, which, I think, will be really good and worthwhile when it comes it.

If you would like to be interviewed for the story, please contact Anna directly.  She is cc-ed on this email.

anna.salzberg at pltv.fr

If you prefer, all comments are annonymous and confidential.

If you work at a company that may be engaged in this kind of planning (either purposely, or otherwise), Anna will especially like to hear from you.

Best,

Mitch.