[Noisebridge-discuss] Repairing broken glasses

Peter Werner germpore at sonic.net
Sun Jan 22 07:37:41 UTC 2012

I managed to finally snap my old pair of glasses where the bridge
meets the frames. I have read on eHow that one can repair something
like this with a hot glue gun, and was wondering if Noisebridge had
something like this and somebody who could show me how to do this.

To be blunt, it's kind of an emergency thing, since I am jobless and
quite broke at present, down to a pair of glasses with a prescription
years out of date (but can still see well enough through them), and
cannot afford to simply go down to Lenscrafters or the like for new
prescription and frames. I'm hoping that there's an alternative to
going around with glasses that are roughly taped together for months
on end, something that isn't going to make my job-hunting prospects
any easier.

Peter