[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

Justin Doerr justinsfca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:56:50 UTC 2012

Robert, please listen to reason.
You might've gotten a little carried away, and made the mistake of doing
something without politely asking for permission or mapping out your plans
first, which is totally OK, we are all human and we fuck up sometimes and
for the funniest of reasons too. YES we all appreciate how much you care
about this space, but perhaps what you may not realize more is that we
don't care for the way you don't care for yourself sometimes, like for
example when you go through manic phases of not sleeping for days on end.
DUDE.... It's unhealthy, and even though I have no room to place any blame,
it doesn't make it any less true.

We all care about your personal health, because it will help you realize
that you arrrre good and that we DO actually love you @ NB, and that we are
willing to work with you to positively change the hackerspace... lets face
it y'all, he does have many good points. Even though it's not necessarily
Bob Vila's "Home Again", I personally like the new setup way better than
before. It's pretty cozy actually. With a little bit of effort it can all
be worked out.

But Jesus effing Christ dude, take a chilled pill, or a vacation for a week
and JUST come back. Don't "leave forever" because I for one will be very
sad and MORE IMPORTANTLY, knowing how you are and how you get, I'm honestly
worried sick. If you ever need someone to talk to about anything and
everything, feel free to call me at 650-515-9420. It won't be lame like a
Dr. Phil or a Barbara Walters interview, I promise! I'm here for you as a
friend, not to be your therapist.

I also encourage everyone else reading this to also lend your ears in
support as well, and to be gentle and nonviolent FCS! He is after all my
friend, whether he chooses to believe it or not. Trust me folks, he's doing
a horrible job of expressing it, but he's feeling pretty guilty and/or
upset. Otherwise he would've never torn down that photo of himself on the
wall outside, or be behaving the way he's been behaving which contrary to
what some might believe, he doesn't deserve to feel that way. It's honestly
starting to scare me enough into taking a mental break from the space
myself, to return Tuesday to attend the meeting. For the record everyone
reading, this isn't something I'm taking lightly.... Anyways, I'm glad it's
off my chest. Better out than in, I always say. :-)

- Justin