[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

jim jim at systemateka.com
Mon Jan 16 23:41:50 UTC 2012

    well thank you, and yes, but....

    i didn't see anything on the list until the last minute.
seems to me the list is prominent enough that we should
expect some advance notice on the list as well as in the
tuesday night meeting, at least, in the case of ambitions
that may affect others, specially lots of others.

    note the danger that there may be some serious-minded
personage who sees this kind of thing as random disruption
and for whom there may be a last straw, after which the
personage leaves the community.
    the danger is that such a personage may be working on
something attractive, and the loss of the personage is a
loss of the attraction and the connections that attraction
had supported.

    am i bitching about my lost stuff?
    no. i'm bitching about lack of awareness of others in
favor of the excitement of making waves of various sorts.
not to draw too close a comparison, but that's how lynch
mobs operate: people get excited then get do-ocratic.

    Be aware == be considerate, thoughtful, restrained...

    "discipline is
not trading away what you want most for what you want now."