[Noisebridge-discuss] unlisted.

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:33:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

doesn't seem possible.
* i wouldn't subscribe to the drama/bitching/whining/... list.
* people who discuss things sometimes get into bitch fights,
can't be avoided that i can see, and no one will move their
comments to "the other list".

It's possible. I've seen it.

A forum that had (among others) one section for
*
Scene, Social Events, Gossip, Interpersonal Issues*

and another section for

*Creative Projects in the Works (proposals, ideas, collaborators, etc)*

is not only possible, but even quite reasonable for a space as diverse and
highly populated as the Noiz. (Both of those would quite likely be further
subdivided into more specific categories.)

A person using the forum who wanted to post about, say, an assault that had
allegedly taken place in the space, or their concern over another
Noisebridge member's mental or physical health, or their rage over someone
re-arranging the shelves and furniture without asking anyone first, would
select the first section above, rather than the second.

Does that compute? Of course, yes, there would be occasional personality
clashes in the Creative Projects section, but it would be greatly reduced.

'Nuff said on this issue for me. Back to my Herculean magazine-layout
labors and Drupal frustration I go.

TLongshanksLT