[Noisebridge-discuss] Camera/Equipment for use at Noisebridge?

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Sun Jan 22 20:40:59 UTC 2012

Heh, I've just been fooling with making timelapses. I bought a beat up
Canon S80 on Ebay for a few bucks, because you can remotely control it
with gphoto2. If you want to borrow it, I could dismount it from its
perch but note that the screen is busted and I drive it completely
through a [linux] computer.

If you can get a Canon camera, the CHDK is open-source firmware
replacement that also has scripting capability that makes an
intervalometer easy.

I think it would be really neat to set up a timelapse server at
Noisebridge pointed out the window, because the winter sunsets and
summer fog over Twin Peaks are amazing. (For inspiration, see what Ken
Murphy is doing with timelapse at http://murphlab.com/hsky/ )However,
my last attempt at an unattended server at NB [the holiday lights]
ended with the dismantling and disappearance of my equipment so I will
leave that to someone who still thinks NB can have nice things.

HTH!