[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for Hackerspace ideas

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 22:28:57 UTC 2012

Several people make a living by doing what they love at Noisebridge (and other hackerspaces).  Helping spur local economy is a great way to get the ears of local gov't.

Some people also use NB (and other spaces) as a co-working space to get their fledgling startups going.

As for projects:

     * Spacebridge -- space and near-space exploration

     * Biobridge -- DIY biology

     * Circtuit Hacking Monday -- thousands of peeople have learned how to solder, and how to make cool things with electronics from our weekly hardware hacking get-together

     * SCOW (Sewing Crafting or Whatever) -- zillions of people have learned to make cool things with fabric, and other crafts at this weekly craft hacking get-together

     * Pyclass -- hundreds of people have learned the Python computer language at this weekly class

     * Ruby -- lots of people have learned the Ruby computer language at this weekly class

     * Tastebridge -- lots of people have learned to cook, and countless people have eaten incredibly yummy meals

The above is a small list off the top of my head of different groups that have taught lots of people in the local community useful skills for living their lives and making a living.  There's a bunch more.

Best,

Mitch.