[Noisebridge-discuss] Jan 29 event: discussion of Graeber's "Fragments of an Anarchist Anthropology"

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 08:25:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Liz Henry <liz at bookmaniac.org> wrote:

> Graeber's book _Direct Action: An Ethnography_ is also really great!
>
> We have that, and the Debt book, in the Noisebridge library. They should
> both be in the tiny "anarchist" section, under the shelves with the
> programming languages that are alphabetized by language name.

I had a copy of that book - *Direct Action*: *An Ethnography* by Graeber -
I was reading, that I lost in our recent squat-bust.

I'm going to read the Fragments & try to make it for this discussion on
Jan. 29. Sounds vital.

On a mostly unrelated note (or is it?), I just read an essay by Bruno
Maddox in the anthology *The Revolution Will Be Accessorized*, titled *'The
Angriest Book Club in America,'* & it's about the
ULA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Literary_Alliance>,
& the unfortunateness of the fact that those who critique the establishment
can often be so right, yet so incapable of providing anything better to
take the place of that which they seek to destroy. It made me think a lot
about the ways that anger motivates me, & can be a productive & useful
emotion in that sense, yet when it comes to planning & realizing something
tangible & viable, which requires presence of mind & clear careful thinking
& strategizing, anger is not an asset, & can actually be a liability.

Anyway.....kickass essay. Almost as kickass as the solo zine I'm doing
right now called *The Life & Death of a Squat*: the story of my recent &
first two-month misadventure in "housing rights activism" in 20 short
pages. Names changed so no compromising info will be revealed.

Because I'm starting to understand the necessity of stealth when living in
a police state, as we are - it seems - more & more every day.

TLongshanksLT