[Noisebridge-discuss] hear ye hear ye, Noisebridge board elections

Tom noisebridge at flamsmark.com
Fri Jan 27 11:39:49 UTC 2012

My utopia lacks a Noisbridge board. To that end, I fully support adapting
our by-laws <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Policy_Wonks> to remove the
board. Until that lofty goal is reached, the board should avoid even the
appearance of interference in Noisebridge's affairs.

If elected to the board, I pledge:

- to resist the dark-side's tempting urge to use my mighty and awesome
board-powers;
- to cease working on matters of Noisebridge management, including the Policy
Wonks <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Policy_Wonks>*;
- to relinquish my ability to block consensus*;
- neither to moderate, nor to scribe for a Noisebridge meeting*;
- never again to accept nomination for, nor to serve on Noisebride's board;
- nor to hold any officer position at Noisebridge*; and
- to execute the consensus of Noisebridge without let or hindrance as a
board member.

I hope that any candidate for election to the board takes a similar pledge.

Let me be clear: I do not want to be elected to the board. I would much
rather work on improving Noisebridge by Doing Things. However, I think that
the board should not Do Things, because **danger Will Robinson**.

I solemnly swear that I am not now nor have i ever been a machine
intelligence.

*For the duration of my time on the board.