[Noisebridge-discuss] hear ye hear ye, Noisebridge board elections

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Fri Jan 27 22:29:16 UTC 2012

Well that's actually a good example: I often try and scope out whether
people *want* NB to fundraise, and there is by no means consensus on this.
Some argue that we should stick to the 3 month in advance figure, so that
we don't centralize or split over NB distributed funds. Others like Miloh
feel we should get more money and use it for NB projects. Others think we
should act as nonprofit infrastructure for other, separately fundraised
projects like Noisetor. (My own position is that we could bring in a lot
more money relatively easily, but that traditional nonprofit fundraising
and distribution would compromise our goals and ideals. I do really think
we can and should build up more of an emergency warchest though, because
one day we will be hit with black sheep event and I don't want to be one of
dozens fundraising for unexpected costs and handling a crisis and dealing
with the inevitable drama simultaneously)

Anyway the point is that having a fundraising board is something you'd want
to seek consensus on, and if you're doing that, why not just doacratically
setup a fundraising faction and start doing guerilla grant proposals? You
don't need to have a board title to do it.