[Noisebridge-discuss] G3 peripherals

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 00:36:19 UTC 2012

Actually, you can use any USB keyboard/mouse.  Ditto with monitors as long
as it has a standard vga adapter.  I used to have a blue and white g3 and
it took those.  Now if it is a beige g3, it only takes ADB keyboards and
has a propitiatory apple video adapter.

Here is some good news.  You can take a voodoo 3 2000 or really any other
pci video card that has a mac equivalent and flash the firmware on it. It
should just work!   Additionally there are USB pci cards that work in a
mac.  You may be able to use the USB off of that.

Which g3 do you have?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM, skye estes <skye.estes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have some old Apple peripherals they don't need?
> I have a G3 tower that my friend Seth gave me, but it's naked.
> I could use a mouse, keyboard, and 19-23" monitor.
> Ping me off list if you can help. Thanks!
>
> Skye X
> ///☠☢☣
>
> http://skyex.tumblr.com

Ronald Cotoni