[Noisebridge-discuss] Aluminum, Delrin, etc. for general use / shop cleanup & organization

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Mon Jul 16 21:59:02 UTC 2012

Hello makers,

A few weeks ago I dropped off a couple shopping bags of scrap material
in the shop. These are mostly pieces of aluminum (6061 alloy), delrin,
with a few bits of teflon, acrylic & some chunks of stainless steel.
These are leftover scraps from the machine shop where I work, and
I've tried to select only pieces that look fairly usable (rectilinear
shapes with minimal/no holes, cuts on one side only, etc).

I meant to email the list the day I dropped it off, but time flew
by...hopefully it's still there. Anyhow, I find that having these
sorts of materials around can be very handy when working on projects.
Of course it would be even more handy if the materials were labeled
and sorted by type, so I'll try to make it in to do so sometime in the
next week or so. Perhaps as part of a clean-up-and-organize-the-shop
endeavor...anyone interested in participating in such an activity?

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact