[Noisebridge-discuss] Anybody have a spare/broken Laminator/Laminating Machine?

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Sat Jul 28 19:16:27 UTC 2012

Hi noisebridgers,

If anybody wants to donate one, I promise I'll hack it, make it a
rapid-toner transfer machine for circuit ninjas in NB, so that people who
wants to etch PCB won't need to spend too much time on ironing, and can
actually get way better result (99.5% transfer).

Actually, if we have a hacked laminator for PCB pattern transfer, as long
as we have enough supply of gloss paper and other chemicals (FeCl3,
Aceton), we can start a new workshop in NB, teaching newbies how to make
their own Arduino compatible (for example Diavolino) within hours. And that
workshop have the potential to be the most popular workshop in NB ever! (
think about it, making you own Arduino or any other kits you like from
scratch! )

--------------------------
Here's a double sided PCB I made when I was in Boston. I solved the
registration problem, and what we don't have in NB now is a laminator that
can transfer toner pattern easy and complete. No marker repair required.
The only two pain is: 1 drilling, 2 soldering on both sides of some
componets. Solder the femail header will be a huge pain, however we can
redesign the circuit to avoid that proble.
http://www.dorabot.com/project-updates/newmethodondoublesidepcbregistration

--
DORA = DORA Opensource Robotic Assistant
dorabot.com