[Noisebridge-discuss] FBI-run DNS servers are about to be shut down

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Jul 7 22:10:49 UTC 2012

I dunno, i think that if the FBI had been trying to ensnare more "hackers"
they would logically set up their own DNS to keep the game running so the
jig wouldn't be up.

But after the perps were all caught and locked up, why wouldn't they
immediately error out every computer they were serving DNS to, saying
"sorry dude, your computer has a virus.  Install linux or just give up."

I think it's weird and suspicious that they've been serving DNS for so
long to people with an active virus infestation.

And if i were doing that, I would be collecting lots of juicy data on
those users, and maybe having a little fun with them, wouldn't you?