[Noisebridge-discuss] Community experiment

jim jim at systemateka.com
Thu Jul 26 02:13:24 UTC 2012

    I don't see how Julian speaking at Noisebridge should
be dependent on any other issues: that would be presuming
guilt, for one thing, and regardless of his guilt of
whatever (I'm certainly guilty of a number of whatevers)
freedom of speech and his efforts for wikileaks both
recommend his talking at NB.
    It seems less than honorable or rightly courageous to
be fearful that Julian might be guilty of some charges as
well as less than practical to think that an official
conviction or clearance of charges would necessarily be
meaningful.
    I don't see any way his coming to NB or speaking at
NB presents any danger to those who attend, either
directly through a personal attack or indirectly through
association. For one thing, given a scheduled date, each
person can make a choice whether or not to attend.

    On a somewhat different note, I'm curious to know more
about the experiment Rubin is performing.