[Noisebridge-discuss] Community experiment

Brandon Edens brandonedens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:54:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 07:25:41PM +0000, Jason Dusek wrote:

> 2012/7/26 Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net>:
> > If Julian Assange offered to give a talk at Noisebridge, would you be:
> >
> > All for it!
> > Against it!
> > Give no fucks!
> > Other?
> >
> > This is more of an experiment to see what the community response is,
> > and I have no idea if Julian Assange wants to give a talk at
> > Noisebridge or not.
>
> I think it would be great if he gave a talk. I'm not sure about having
> him around the space as a general thing.

Its interesting because I didn't think it would be possible to have him
around the space. He'd be arrested upon entering the country? no?  When
this question was posed I imagined a video-conference style presentation
projected onto the screen in the same vein as some of his appearances at
previous conferences. How many others also had this same mental image?

Also there is some dialog out in the ether involving the idea that the
allegations against Assange are part of a propaganda campaign against him
and Wikileaks. I don't know if this is true or false and would prefer that
a court of law sorted it out. But I think the problem here is that the
releasing of all those documents and the aftermath upset quite a few
people / governments that prevent impartial justice.

-brandon

--
Brandon Edens | brandonedens at gmail.com | brandonedens.org | key 0xEC4E9BA5