[Noisebridge-discuss] few questions on cinematography

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 00:37:11 UTC 2012

No problem, the web page looks cool!

Gian Pablo hit what I mean. Some of features may be animation based, some of them are with "real cast" and they can be any genre from horror to comedy etc. It is the overlay of two dimensions which is the major factor. The Others, Spirited Away or in a way the Poltergeist are some of the examples, in a way a Pan's Labyrinth, Alice in Wonderland and the movies which Gian Pablo mentioned.

Thanks for the references in both emails, I will do some reading too.

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

PS By the way this types of movies and fiction is my favorite, plus time travel :-)

Gian Pablo Villamil <gian.pablo at gmail.com>;

No, I think he's referring to something more subtle (not just animation).

"Sen To Chihiro no Kamikakushi" does in effect take place in two
settings, the spirit world and the real world, as does the other film
he cited. Arguably "The Matrix" is a similar structure, as is "The
Cell" and others. "Inception" explores the same idea, as does "World
on a Wire". The latter all focus mostly on computer simulations,
though the same concept can be explored with psychedelics, dreams,
spiritual practice, etc.

One concept that might apply is Baudrillard's idea of simulacra.

I'll do some digging, it is an interesting question.